We give the same attention to detail to all projects that we undertake, large and small. Some of the smaller projects undertaken / to be undertaken in 2020 are listed here.
BIRMINGHAM – ST MARTIN-IN-THE-BULLRING
IV/67 1906 Harrison & Harrison / 1955 John Compton Organ Co. / 2001 Nicholson & Co.
– repairs to collapsing pipework in Solo Organ
BURY, LANCASHIRE – BURY PARISH CHURCH
III/48 1913 Jardine & Co. / 1950 John Compton Organ Co. / 1982 AJ&L Taylor / 2007 Nicholson & Co.
– repairs to Great Organ soundboard.
CLEHONGER, HEREFORDSHIRE – ALL SAINTS’ CHURCH
II/14 1936 Ingram & Co.
– restoration of rainwater-damaged Pedal Organ pneumatic touch box, and disconnection, removal, cleaning, partial restoration, and re-installation of Pedal Organ chest to facilitate repairs to adjacent wall.
DUNDEE – DUNDEE CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH
III/29 1901 J. Miller (rebuild of earlier instrument by D&T Hamilton) / 1955 Rushworth & Dreaper
– restoration of all three charge pneumatic soundboard underactions, repairs to collapsing Swell Organ reeds and pedal touchbox
LONDON – ST MARY’S RC CHURCH, CHELSEA
II/24 1964 J.W. Walker & Sons
– overhauling blower and re-winding blower motor
SOLIHULL – ST ALPHEGE CHURCH
III/42 1809 Elliott & Co. / 1856/68 Edward Brosswood / 1888 Hill & Son / 1936 Hill, Norman & Beard / 1978/1989/2014/2015 Nicholson & Co.
Replacement of all electro-pneumatic slider machines with slider solenoids
BIRMINGHAM – ST AGATHA’S CHURCH, SPARKBROOK
III/37 1960 Nicholson & Co.
– new transmission and piston capture system, restoration of pedalboard, replacement of drawstop solenoids.
KIMBOLTON, HEREFORDSHIRE – CHURCH OF ST JAMES THE GREAT
II/16 1984 George Sixsmith & Son
– comprehensive programme of repairs: improvements to maintenance safety, reconstruction of expression box, re-leathering motors, replacing felts, replacing transistors, repair and re-leathering of schwimmers, general cleaning.
LONGBOROUGH, GLOUCESTERSHIRE – ST JAMES’ CHURCH
II/9 1903 Nicholson & Co.
– cleaning and repair of all pipework, cleaning of whole organ, regulation of mechanical key action, restoration of pneumatic pedal chest, and repairs to console woodwork.
SALTAIRE, YORKSHIRE – VICTORIA HALL
Three-manual, 12-rank 1937 Wurlitzer
When this organ was removed from its original home in the Gaumont cinema in Oldham in 1961, the bottom four resonators of the Diaphone 16′ were not retained, and were replaced with new that have never proved satisfactory. We are pleased to have been commissioned by the Cinema Organ Society to manufacture four new mitred resonators in solid tulipwood, to be scaled and made as exact replicas of surviving Wurlitzer examples.