The organ in the Royal Chapel of All Saints, Windsor Great Park, was completed in 1937 by J.W. Walker & Sons, and incorporated a number of ranks from the previous organ (TC Lewis, 1870). In 1991, the Walker firm rebuilt the instrument, renewing its internal mechanism entirely, and making a number of neoclassical-inspired tonal changes.
We are pleased to have been commissioned to undertake some tonal work in which many of the 1991 tonal changes are to be reversed, along with a couple of further adjustments to bring back something of the original Lewis character of much of the pipework.
The opportunity is also to be taken to remodel the ‘whaletooth’ console into traditional drawstop design, more in keeping with the Victorian character of the chapel and instrument.