P1220048 49 50 Fused

Aberystwyth – Bethel Welsh Baptist Chapel

The organ in Bethel Welsh Baptist Chapel was built in 1924 by Frederick Rothwell of Harrow, and was one of only four organs Rothwell built in Wales. One of the opening recitals was given by Walford Davies, Gregynog Chair of Music at Aberystwyth University College at the time, and a great friend of Rothwell.

In 2014, Nicholson & Co. completed an historic restoration of the organ. Every aspect of the pneumatic patented Rothwell stop key system and charge pneumatic action was restored. The console was restored to original condition, including the lever expression pedal to the Swell Organ.

Specification

Manuals C to g3 (56 notes) – Pedals C to f1 (30 notes)

Pedal
Bourdon
Bass Flute
  Great to Pedal
  Swell to Pedal

Great
Open Diapason
Wald Flute
Dulciana
Aeolian
Principal
Harmonic Flute
  Swell to Great


16
8




8
8
8
8
4
4

Swell
Open Diapason
Rohr Flute
Echo Gamba
Voix Celeste
Gemshorn
Oboe

8
8
8
8
4
8

Gallery
After restoration