InsidePiano Edit 2

Glasgow – St John’s Renfield Parish Church

The organ in St John’s Renfield Parish Church, Glasgow, was built in 1892 by the Sheffield firm of Brindley and Foster for Renfield Free Church in the city’s Elmbank Street. It was rebuilt by Henry Willis & Sons of London in 1924. In 1931 the congregation – by then St John’s Renfield Parish Church – moved to its present building in Beaconsfield Road, and the organ was also moved to the new building. This work was undertaken by Hill, Norman & Beard of London. The organ was subsequently rebuilt in 1972 by the same firm.

In May 2018, we completed work to replace the pneumatic slider machines with slider solenoids, fit a new solid-state electronic transmission, a new solid-state piston capture system, and make the Trumpet on the Great Organ available at 16′ pitch.

 

Gallery