Bolton – St Bartholomew’s Church, Westhoughton
In 1989, a fire gutted St Bartholomew’s leaving only the tower intact. The building was so severely damaged that it was demolished and an entirely new church was erected on the site. A new organ was commissioned to be constructed on the west gallery to replace the former 1874 Hill three-manual organ.
A nineteen-stop organ in a striking contemporary case was completed by Nicholson & Co in November 1995. The key action is mechanical, with electric stop action and capture system.
Fourniture IV 188.8.131.52
Mixture III 22.26.29
Swell to Great
Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal